One of the largest providers of hardware cryptocurrency wallets, Ledger has announced a partnership with NFT gaming metaverse – The Sandbox. The move is expected to help metaverse users to increase security and to manage the self-custody of their digital assets.
- At the Non-Fungible conference in Lisbon, Ledger’s chief experience officer Ian C Rogers revealed that the new collaboration aims to bring the security of the wallet manufacturer into the blockchain game.
- Ledger also plans to provide custom Ledger Nanos to the owners of SAND as part of the deal, while The Sandbox will accommodate in its metaverse for the wallet provider to educate people about cryptocurrency.
- The Sandbox tweeted,
“We’re partnering with Ledger to secure the Metaverse and increase security, education & support for users! They will be building a hub on their LAND, providing users with support alongside learning and gamified experiences inside TheSandbox.”
- The partnership will also focus on bringing awareness and educating users on security in the metaverse while enjoying the freedom of self-custody.
- The news comes two weeks after British banking organization HSBC announced plans to enter the metaverse by partnering with The Sandbox.
- As per the report, the bank revealed its intentions to purchase a plot of land at the blockchain gaming firm’s metaverse in a bid to engage with sports, e-sports, and gaming fans.
- As for Ledger, the latest move is its first tryst with metaverse after expanding its services from traditional cryptocurrencies to non-fungible tokens (NFTs).