AngelHack Manila ties-up with Tribe to host blockchain virtual hackathon
By Nath Cajuday
“Join us on this 6-week virtual hackathon to challenge boundaries and build applications on the Filecoin, IPFS or Flow protocol. With a prize pool of USD $120,000 in FIL & FLOW tokens across 3 tracks and 14 challenge statements, we’re thrilled to see what you can bring to the table.”
AngelHack Manila announced its partnership with Tribe to host the Mercury Hackaton 2021 brought to the public market by Filecoin, InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) and Flow that started last September 20 and will end on October 31, 2021.
“Designed to bring together the brightest creators and innovators from around the globe to challenge boundaries in the world of blockchain technology. Join us from September 20 — October 31, 2021, together with the experts from Filecoin, IPFS & Flow for Developer Hour sessions, technical workshops and a whole lot of adventure and fun.”
With up to USD $120,000 worth of prizes in FIL & FLOW tokens to be distributed in three tracks and 14 prize categories, participants can build and develop projects that can help expand NFTs and decentralized storage services.
“It aims to bring together some of the most talented creators around the world to innovate and redefine boundaries. Participants (should) get to look forward to being the best integration project, the best browser integration project and more.”
TRACKS, CATEGORIES, AND PRIZES
The following are the list of Tracks and prizes under each category:
TRACK 1: FILECOIN X FLOW – Integrating Filecoin and Flow’s decentralized storage technology with NFTs
· Top 3 Best Combined Use of Filecoin x Flow Projects: USD $8,000 | $5,000 | $3,000
· Top 2 Best Filecoin x Flow Artists & Creators Projects: USD $8,000 | $5,000
· Best Filecoin x Flow NFT Value Store Project: USD $8,000
· Best Filecoin x Flow Browser Integration Project: USD $8,000
· Best Filecoin x Flow NFT Badge Generator Project: USD $8,000
· Best Filecoin x Flow Video Game Assets NFTs Project: USD $8,000
Track 2: FILECOIN – Best use for Filecoin and/or IPFS and/or the following decentralized storage services: web3.storage, Estuary, Slate or nft.storage
· Top 2 Best Filecoin/IPFS Projects: USD $7,500 each
Track 3: FLOW – The implementation of blockchain-enabled application built on Flow, across consumer-facing NFT dapps, creator-oriented services, crypto primitives with Decentology tools and more
· Best NFTs Collateral-based Project: USD $7,500
· Best Fractional NFTs-based Project: USD $7,500
· Best Composable Smart Contract Project: USD $7,500
· Best Implementation of Cadence Language Pillars Project: USD $7,500
· Best Use of DappStarter Flow Foundation Project: USD $7,500
· Best NFT Distribution Project: USD $7,500
· Best Use of Non-Custodial Marketplace Project: USD $7,500
The Mercury Hackaton 2021 started last September 20 and will end on October 31, 2021.
Flow Developer Hour happens every 11:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, until October 31.
Build with Mercury #1 started last October 1, while Build with Mercury #2 started last October 9. Virtual Networking, on the other hand, will start on October 16, and Pitching Workshop on October 23, both at 9:00 pm. Submissions, somehow, will clos on October 31st.
“From now till the 31st of October, we have activities planned for every single weekday of the week (yes, you read that right) so that no matter your level of familiarity with building with blockchain, we are here to get you well-equipped for the hackathon!
Plus, a structured learning pathway with consolidated resources is made available for your consumption at your own pace. Read and watch all the resources in the Participants’ Guide to help you gain a better understanding to build on Filecoin/IPFS and Flow protocol.”
The fundamental judging criteria are as follows:
3. Technical Complexity
4. Mass Usability
WHO CAN JOIN?
Each participant is only allowed to join one track.
• Anyone with a stable internet connection & 18+ years old
• Maximum of 4 participants per team and minimum 1
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
Registration link: https://mercuryhackathon2021.com/?utm_source=ph_press&utm_medium=press-media&utm_campaign=mercury
1. Register for the hackathon.
2. Form and register your teams over (Refer to instructions on the Participants’ Guide).
3. Ideate and brainstorm the next big thing.
4. Check out the resources parked under the ‘Resources’ section in the Participants’ Guide to navigate your way through on building on the Filecoin, IPFS & Flow protocol.
5. Connect with your mentors on the Mercury Hackathon 2021 Slack channel during Mentor Office Hours.
6. Plus, join us for workshops to learn and explore while connecting with like-minded individuals.
7. Build your project!
8. Reminder to submit your project before Sunday, October 31 2021 at 11:55PM,
AngelHack Manila and Tribe is hosting the Mercury Hackaton 2021 made possible by Filecoin, IPFS and Flow.
Tribe is the governance token for the FEI algorithmic stablecoin. FEI aims to provide a new decentralized solution to the stablecoin market. (Coinmarketcap’s statement about “What is TRIBE?”)
AngelHack is a global innovation organization, founded on the idea of bringing creators together. Companies from all over the world have chosen them as their partner to engage developers with their technologies through hackathons and events. AngelHack has created an incredibly diverse and global community of change makers and developers. (AngelHack’s official “about” statement)
IPFS is a distributed system for storing and accessing files, websites, applications, and data. (IPFS’s official answer on “What is IPFS?”)
Flow is a fast, secure, and developer-friendly blockchain built to support the next generation of games, apps, and the digital assets that power them. (Flow’s statement on its website’s “introduction” and “about Flow” section)
Earlier this year, Messario.io’s data analysis report believed that Philippines has high cryptocurrency adoption with mature ecosystem for it has regulators who have a developmental mindset towards crypto as well as citizens with the highest ownership of cryptocurrency; this is a big factor in Mercury Hackaton 2021’s obejctive – to bring together some of the most talented creators around the world to innovate and redefine boundaries in cryptocurrency.
To monitor more about Mercury Hackaton 2021’s events and current happenings, follow AngelHack Manila’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AngelHackManila/
This article is published on BitPinas: Mercury Hackathon 2021: All About NFTs